Sunday, March 14, 2010

Language!

I thought I should post about some new developments in talking! These days I'm learning English, Spanish and Bulgarian. It is a lot to keep straight! Usually I can say each thing in one language, for instance, I say 'cat' in Spanish: 'gato'; 'water' in Spanish: 'agua'; 'apple' in Bulgarian: 'jablka'; and 'bicycle' in English.

Lately my Bulgarian grandparents have been visiting and I hear A LOT of Bulgarian these days. I am starting to talk more in Bulgarian, too!

When I put words together, I have been using all three languages a lot of the time. I have been saying things like: 'njama otro bebuk' ('there is no' (Bulgarian), 'other' (Spanish), 'bug' (English)) and 'otro zelen bebuk' ('zelen' means 'green' in Bulgarian). All pretty exciting. Fortunately my parents are usually able to keep up with what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment